Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summers end approaches

As much as I love the Fall and the kaleidoscope of color it brings, I am not ready for Summer to end. This Summer especially. The weather has been so mild, too mild and now in the mid-section of August it is actually turning into the sauna that says "Ahhh Summer in Chicago"
It is making me want to go to Block parties and "Fests", except their numbers are dwindling and I have NO time to take off and enjoy them. I went to ONE farmers market and that was in May! I have not yet visited my local "Super Sweet Corn" farmstand guy at all!!!! My garden is flourishing but some plants are starting to turn to seed. I would like to have a day with my friends at a WINNING Cubs game. I would like to have a dinner party and drink lots of wine on my patio, I would like to eat Al Fresco at a quaint Bistro. I want to stay home like Matt and re-finish furniture! Ok, tonight I am making some plans! I will finish Summer with a bang, I will have a killer tan, I will drink wine on the patio....after work!

No comments: